A 15-foot-long python “exploded” after swallowing an entire cow. The case took place on Saturday (21) in the province of Pitsanulok in northern Thailand.
The reptile was discovered by a farmer in the area who had been searching for a missing cow for three days from his property. But according to the British newspaper The Sun, man has already discovered that two animals have died.
In the pictures recorded by the farmer, the snake appears with a hole in the body through which the remains of the cow can also be observed.
Experts interviewed by Thai media said they believe the reptiles’ stomachs have been broken due to overcooking of beef.
A village official, identified as Nirun Levattanakul by The Sun, thought he was starving when he saw the mountain snake and chose to strangle the animal and swallow it whole.
“But after the cow died inside the snake, its body swelled and the snake’s stomach stretched further,” the farmer said, adding that the scene was “frightening.”
According to the tabloid, National Geographic claims that the snake found in Thailand, known as the Burmese mountain snake, can digest twice its own weight. It is found in southwest and southeast Asia.
“Music geek. Coffee lover. Devoted food scholar. Web buff. Passionate internet guru.”