The man who stabbed and injured at least six people at a supermarket in Auckland New Zealand, Was shot dead by police this Friday (3).
The local health service said the condition of the three injured was critical and one was in critical condition.
New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinta Orton called the attack a terrorist act: “A violent terrorist has carried out a terrorist attack on innocents in New Zealand.”
“It’s disgusting, it’s wrong. It was done by an individual, not a belief,” Artern said. “He alone is responsible for these actions.”
Police cordoned off a supermarket in Auckland, New Zealand on September 3, 2021 after a terrorist attack. – Photo: Ricky Wilson / Stuff Ltd via Writers
The attacker was a Sri Lankan citizen who had been in New Zealand for 10 years. He was monitored by police for five years for his links to the Islamic State.
Police say the man acted alone and was killed shortly after the attack began.
A video posted on the social network showed customers at a New Lynn supermarket during the attack. “Someone here has a knife … he has a knife,” one woman shouts. “Someone was stabbed!”
New Zealand is on alert for attacks A gunman has killed at least 51 people at two mosques in Christchurch He was on March 15, 2019 Sentenced to life imprisonment.
In May, Four people were stabbed in a supermarket in Dunedin. The suspect was detained and at the time, the Prime Minister denied that it was an act of terrorism.